Frequently Asked Questions
- Identity Cards (If you are employed, or serving National Service under the Armed Forces/ Civil Defence/ Police Force, you must provide a certified true copy of your Singapore pink/blue identity card from your Personnel Department or Passport for non-citizens.
- Birth certificates of your children (If applicable).
- Your birth certificate and your parents' marriage certificate if you are buying a flat under the Multi Generation Priority Scheme or Married Child Priority Scheme.
- Marriage certificate, if you are married, or divorce certificate if you are divorced, or death certificate of spouse if spouse is deceased.
- Student Pass or Letterfrom School for persons who are 18 years old and above.
- Income documentsfor assessment of income ceiling to buy a flat, and if taking Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) or Special Housing Grant (SHG).
- Always have a backup unit.
- A valid HDB Loan Eligibility Letter (HLE) if you are taking a housing loan from HDB.
Yes, you will need to pay Option fee upon booking of your unit, the amount are as follows:
|Flat Type||Option Fee|
|4/ 5-Room and Executive Flat||$2,000|
|2-Room Flexi flat||$500|
The amount to pay depends on whether you are:
- Taking an HDB housing loan
- Not taking any housing loan
- Taking a bank loan
|Type of Loan (If Applicable)||Downpayment||Mode of Payment|
|Taking an HDB housing loan||10% of the purchase price||CPF and/ or cash|
|Not taking any housing loan||You can use your CPF Ordinary Account (OA) savings to make the downpayment in full. If the CPF OA amount is insufficient, the balance is to be paid in cash.|
|Taking a bank loan||20% of purchase price for loan ceiling of 75%|
|20% of purchase price for loan ceiling of 55%|
CPF housing grant(s) recipients
You will have to pay at least 5% of the purchase price using your CPF and/or cash when the CPF housing grant(s) that you qualify exceed 95% of the purchase price of the flat. Excess housing grant(s), if any, can be used to pay for OCS items and premiums that singles and Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident households have to pay, before being credited into your CPF SA/RA and MA accounts.
|Type of Fee||HDB’s Role|
|HDB acts for you in the purchase and mortgage*||HDB acts for you in the purchase only||HDB acts for you in the mortgage only||HDB is not acting for you|
|Lease In-Escrow Registration Fee||Y||Y||N||N|
Mortgagee solicitors’ bill (Only payable if you you are taking a housing loan loan from a bank)
* Applies if you take a housing loan from HDB
There are 2 types of registration fees:
- Lease In-Escrow registration fee of $38.30 (fixed amount): Paid if HDB acts for you in the flat purchase
- Mortgage In-Escrow registration fee of $38.30 (fixed amount): Paid if HDB acts for you in the mortgage
The survey fee amount is based on your flat type. Please note that the survey fee is subject to GST.
|Flat Type||Survey Fee (Before GST)|
Calculation of stamp duty on Deed of Assignment.
The stamp duty on Deed of Assignment is payable if you are taking a housing loan. It is calculated at 0.4% of the loan amount, subject to a maximum of $500.